Founded in 1927 by Vernon Davies as Davies’s Ltd, specialising in preparing candidates for the Civil Service Exams. (He also founded Davies Laing and Dick)
Following the war, it became Davies’s Tutors Ltd in 1946 and Davies’s Educational Services (a not for profit Trust) in 1974. At that time the Trust was responsible for Senior Tutorial Schools, in Southampton Row and Cromwell Road, Hove; Preparatory Schools, Sussex House in Cadogan Square and Lyndhurst House in Lyndhurst Gardens and a Junior Tutorial School, Lyndhurst Hall in Lyndhurst Road. Davies’s acquired Danes Hill School, Oxshott, Surrey, in 1984 and, at that time began to dispose of its other assets. In 1990 the name was changed to Vernon Educational Trust.